Chaplain - Multiple Statewide
Position Level: Relevant civilian experience required.
Estimated Time Commitment: 5 hrs/week
The Rhode Island Wing is currently seeking dedicated volunteers to serve as Chaplains. Typical duties of the Chaplain position include:
- Provide pastoral care of senior and cadet members, including counseling, visitation, encouragement, and other special assistance.
- Perform professional functions as necessary, such as religious services, liturgies, etc.
- Conduct character development programs for CAP cadets.
- Provide a chaplain presence and resource for members participating in emergency services missions and exercises and those on the scene who may be in distress.
- Participate in ecclesiastical public relations activities.
- Other duties as required.
- Meet basic requirements for CAP membership.
- Fully ordained or qualified clergy/religious professional of your faith group.
- Actively engaged in or retired from a denominationally approved vocation.
- Obtain an ecclesiastical endorsement from a faith group listed by the Armed Forces Chaplains Board.
- Possess Bachelor's Degree from institution listed in ACE Higher Education Directory.
- Possess a post-baccalaureate graduate degree of at least 72 semester hours (108 quarter hours) in the field of theological or related studies from a qualifying educational institution (waiverable with 5+ years of pastoral experience).