Plans and Programs Officer - North Kingstown, RI
Position Level: CAP Level I
Estimated Time Commitment: 5 hrs/week
The Rhode Island Wing is currently seeking dedicated volunteers to serve as Plans and Programs Officers. Typical duties of the Plans and Programs Officer position include:
- Develop plans for and monitor the overall implementation of special projects and programs as directed by the commander and higher headquarters.
- Plan and coordinate region, wing or group conferences.
- Interpret laws, policy statements, directives, regulations, and other communications received from higher headquarters and integrate their requirements and guidance into plans and programs.
- Assist in the development of operational plans and programs when requested
- Other duties as required.
- Meet basic requirements for CAP membership.
- Completion of level I of the CAP professional development program.
- Minimum grade of 2d Lieutenant.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to follow complex protocols and regulations.
- Creativity and ability to think "outside of the box".