Transportation Officer - Multiple Statewide
Position Level: Relevant civilian experience required.
Estimated Time Commitment: 5 hrs/week
The Rhode Island Wing is currently seeking dedicated volunteers to serve as Transportation Officers. Typical duties of the Transportation Officer position include:
- Ensure that all corporate-owned vehicles are licensed and registered in accordance with applicable laws of the state, commonwealth or other local government jurisdiction where vehicles are operated.
- Review and approve applications for CAP driver's licenses.
- Maintain appropriate records on location of all vehicles.
- Ensure routine and major maintenance is accomplished on corporate-owned vehicles when required.
- Ensure timely completion of Vehicle Usage Reports.
- Ensure expeditious reporting of vehicle mishaps.
- Other duties as required.
- Meet basic requirements for CAP membership.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to follow complex protocols and regulations.
- Professional experience in transportation, logistics, or fleet management.