NCO Advisor - North Kingstown, RI
Position Level: Prior military experience required.
Estimated Time Commitment: 5 hrs/week
The Rhode Island Wing is currently seeking dedicated volunteers to serve as NCO Advisors. Typical duties of the NCO Advisor position include:
- Advise the commander on unit morale and welfare.
- Provide training in military bearing, customs & courtesies, and proper wear of the uniform to unit members.
- Serve as a mentor to new unit members.
- Serve as a mentor to unit cadet corps if applicable.
- Other duties as required.
- Meet basic requirements for CAP membership.
- Current or prior-service NCO (E-4 or above) in any military branch.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Desire to work with and mentor youth.
- Current or prior E-7 or above in any military branch.