Public Affairs Officer - Multiple Statewide
Position Level: Relevant civilian experience required.
Estimated Time Commitment: 5 hrs/week
The Rhode Island Wing is currently seeking dedicated volunteers to serve as Public Affairs Officers. Typical duties of the Public Affairs Officer position include:
- Edit and publish unit newsletters and bulletins.
- Take photographs and videos of unit events.
- Manage unit social media pages and website, as applicable.
- Maintain a current list of local media contacts and develop relationships with local media agencies.
- Publish press releases related to unit activities.
- Work with the commander on all public affairs matters.
- Other duties as required.
- Meet basic requirements for CAP membership.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong social media skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Basic photography and videography skills.
- Professional experience in journalism, media, photography or related field.
- Experience with advanced editing software such as Photoshop.