Assistant Director of Professional Development - North Kingstown, RI
Position Level: CAP Level II
Estimated Time Commitment: 5 hrs/week
The Rhode Island Wing is currently seeking dedicated volunteers to serve as Assistant Director of Professional Developments. Typical duties of the Assistant Director of Professional Development position include:
- Create a positive unit training environment where CAPís adult members can develop their required skills in a comfortable, professional atmosphere.
- Make adult members aware of training material and opportunities available to them through CAP and other sources to prepare them to perform operational missions, staff assignments and other assigned duties.
- Encourage and assist the adult members to take advantage of all appropriate training.
- Help ensure that CAP provides the best quality training with sufficient availability to support CAP's missions.
- Comprehend the structure of the CAP professional development program and its component programs, activities and events.
- Maintain a unit training library.
- Maintain unit training records regarding professional development activities.
- Submit applications for awards, ensure they are processed in a timely fashion and presented appropriately.
- Other duties as required.
- Meet basic requirements for CAP membership.
- Completion of level II of the CAP professional development program.
- Minimum grade of 1st Lieutenant.
- Technician rating in professional development.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Senior rating or higher in professional development.
- Professional experience in adult education or professional development.