Disaster Relief Officer - Multiple Statewide
Position Level: Relevant civilian experience required.
Estimated Time Commitment: 5 hrs/week
The Rhode Island Wing is currently seeking dedicated volunteers to serve as Disaster Relief Officers. Typical duties of the Disaster Relief Officer position include:
- Develop agreements with state emergency management officials pertaining to natural disaster and civil defense activities.
- Develop a unit disaster preparedness force capable of responding to appropriate requests.
- Ensure the civil defense and natural disaster training programs are adequate.
- Develop operational procedures for rapid alerting and assembling of disaster preparedness task force personnel.
- Understand disaster preparedness responsibility of CAP in areas of operation.
- Other duties as required.
- Meet basic requirements for CAP membership.
- Prior experience in disaster relief, homeland security or emergency services.
- Strong safety mindset.
- Attention to detail and ability to follow complex protocols and regulations.