Search and Rescue (SAR) Officer - Multiple Statewide
Position Level: Relevant civilian experience required.
Estimated Time Commitment: 5 hrs/week
The Rhode Island Wing is currently seeking dedicated volunteers to serve as Search and Rescue (SAR) Officers. Typical duties of the Search and Rescue (SAR) Officer position include:
- Develop SAR agreements with state emergency management officials and other CAP units.
- Understand CAP SAR responsibilities in areas of operation.
- Develop a unit SAR force that is capable of responding to request from the appropriate Rescue Coordination Centers or other agencies.
- Ensure the unit SAR training program is adequate.
- Develop operational procedures for rapid alerting and assembling of SAR task force personnel.
- Coordinate wing SAR evaluations, training missions, and exercises.
- Other duties as required.
- Meet basic requirements for CAP membership.
- Prior experience in search and rescue, emergency services, or homeland security.
- Strong safety mindset.
- Attention to detail and ability to follow complex protocols and regulations.