Communications Officer - Multiple Statewide
Position Level: Relevant civilian experience required.
Estimated Time Commitment: 5 hrs/week
The Rhode Island Wing is currently seeking dedicated volunteers to serve as Communications Officers. Typical duties of the Communications Officer position include:
- Develop and implement communications plans, programs, and directives in close coordination and in support of command, and all operations programs and activities.
- Establish requirements and track acquisition and disposition of communication equipment in coordination with logistics.
- Coordinate communications plans and programs with other staff agencies and with subordinate and higher headquarters.
- Develop detailed operating procedures for communications operations and guidance to subordinate units and personnel.
- Collect and report data to determine the effectiveness of communications operations.
- Coordinate licensing or frequency authorizations for all radio operations.
- Develop communications training programs.
- Develop and participate in communications exercises.
- Coordinate communications conferences, meetings, and workshops.
- Monitor unit communications.
- Establish programs to maintain and operate unit radio equipment.
- Other duties as required.
- Meet basic requirements for CAP membership.
- Interest in communications technologies and a willingness to learn.
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Attention to detail and ability to follow complex protocols and regulations.
- Previous communications experience (e.g. military or amateur radio).